Re: gpilotd does not start ....

I'd suggest getting rid of the mdk version of of the rpms and go with
Ximian. I found that's the only way to get around mandrake problems.
It's a great distro (I'm using Mandrake 9.1 myself), but they never
seem to get the gnome-pilot or evolution packages right. You can get
these packages from
ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-evolution/mandrake-91-i586.

Hope this helps,
Nathan Owens