Re: supported PDA lists

The short answer: check the visor.h file used to build your kernel, and
gpilotd.c used to build your gnome-pilot, your device needs to be in
both in order to work with gnome-pilot.

Moving on, as this is clearly suboptimal, it would be nice to access
this information more easily, and to do so uniformly across Palm
applications.

How about incorporating a device name field somehow into the kernel's
visor.h, and using that same file format in gnome-pilot, pilot-link,
kpilot, jpilot, etc.?  That would make it easy to produce a list of
supported PDA names and IDs for users.  If we're really ambitious,
something in the kernel driver could return the list of supported IDs
and/or names to an application, perhaps an IOCTL...

I'd be glad to investigate a patch if there is interest.