Synching Addressbook with Evolution

Hi,

I use the Evolution Contacts, and file each entry with the person's
first name first. That way, I can find the entry quickly, because I
often only know the person by their first name.

But in the Palm, the addressbook entries are always with the surname
first, or the company first. This is inconvenient, but that's a problem
with Palm software. My problem is that when I sync, the entries
duplicate, bacause the conduit sees those which begin with the surname
as different from those that begin with the first name. So I end up with
every entry twice. At the moment, I can only add entries in Evolution,
and copy to the Palm instead of synching.

Can I solve the problem any other way? Would it be possible to modify
the conduit to solve this?

Thanks,

Chris Nicol