Re: gnome-pilot-list digest, Vol 1 #423 - 4 msgs

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:16:09 +0800
From: Paul Huang <Paul Huang SUN COM>
To: gnome-pilot-list <gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
Subject: How should I install and configure conduits?

Hi All

I would appreicate if anyone could give me some hints about the
following problems

I have installed gnome-pilot on my Redhat 8.0/Gnome 2.0. And When I
launched the gnome-pilot from start menu (marked as Pilot/HandSpring
Tool in the menu item), gnome-pilot has also successfully retrieved my
Palm username and ID.

And my question is: How can I install and configure conduits? After the
first retrieving, I run gpilotd-control-applet in t he /usr/bin. What I
got is a GUI with three tabs: Pilots, Devices, Advanced. I just find no
place to add conduits and configure conduits. So, should I configure it
somewhere else such as a configration file.

Besides, I also donwload the latest gnome-conduits and successfully
compiled it. I got several new .conduits file in its share/gnome-pilot
directory. How can I add these conduits into gnome-pilot and configure them?

Thanks!

-Paul

Message: 3