Re: gpilot, evolution without gnome desktop

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 14:27, Michael Leone wrote:

> On 13 May 2002 at 10:56, Chris Lindley wrote:

> > > Of course you can. You need to have all the necessary gnome
> > > libraries installed, but you don't need to run gnome. I run
> > > WindowMaker without gnome, and start up gpilotd in my login scripts.
> >
> > Yeah, it's little bit obvious isn;t it:-)
> >
> > Can;t settle on another wm though, so back to Gnome!  I'll wait until
> > KDE3 comes onto Debian and play again then:-)
>
> Why, tho? I've synced (sunced? ;-) my Palm III to Evolution while I
> was running KDE 2.2.2. As Stuart says, as long as you run gpilotd in
> daemon mode before entering your window environment, the window
> manager that you do choose is immaterial.

No I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I wasn't making myself v.clear! I
only said I'd wait for KDE3, as I've used KDE2.2 and want to play with
KDE3:-)

Not a very serious topic for this list, but i suppose the list does have
low traffic!!

Cheers
Chris

--
  Chris Lindley
  chris lindley scotgate org     chrishl bmb leeds ac uk