Re: Settings seem right for m505 but no connection

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 13:59, Carmine F. Greco wrote:
> I think we're getting close.  My output is slightly different in that it
> lists the 0.9.5 version of pilot-link.
>
> gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.65 starting...
> gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5
> gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
> Gnome gnome-pilot 0.1.65
>
> I went to uninstall pilot-link 0.9.5 so I can upgrade to 0.10.99, but
> rpm is barking about dependencies.  Is there another way to upgrade
> pilot-link from source so that gpilotd will use it without having to
> uninstall a lot of software (like Evolution)?  Thanks.

I am afraid to say that at the moment I think this is the only way to do
it...  Once there is an rpm of pilot-link 0.10.99 or later then you
should be able to get away without the reinstall.

This means that you have to compile evolution up with gnome-pilot
enabled etc.

sorry!

> >Did you uninstall previous versions of pilot-link and gnome-pilot
> first?
> >run:-
> >gpilotd --version
> >(This gives the following output on my config)
> >
> >gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.65 starting...
> >gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.10.99
> >gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
> >Gnome gnome-pilot 0.1.65
> >
> >Dave
>

> Carmine F. Greco
> Email: cgreco1 nc rr com
> Jabber: cgreco16 jabber org
> AOL: cgreco2
> Web: http://greco.dns2go.com

Good luck, and if you need help just shout.

Dave