Re: Settings seem right for m505 but no connection

Did you uninstall previous versions of pilot-link and gnome-pilot first?
run:-
gpilotd --version
(This gives the following output on my config)

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.65 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.10.99
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
Gnome gnome-pilot 0.1.65

Dave