Problem with applet icon (CVS HEAD)

All:

I've recently switched over to a version of gnome-pilot compiled from
CVS HEAD (from Havoc's gnomehide package, I think), and have an odd
problem with the gpilot-applet (which previously worked fine):

For some reason, the applet appears to be about 2-3 times the width/
height of a normal applet, causing the panel containing it to bulge.
And in addition, the applet icon is invisible or missing; the applet
is there (I can get the normal tooltip and menu), but there's just an
"empty" space on the panel.

Has anyone seen this or something similar?  Any ideas on a cause or a
fix?

Versions:
gnome-pilot HEAD (updated today, although I had this problem a month
or so ago when I last tried HEAD)
GNOME panel 1.4.0.4 (gnome-core-1.4.0.4-38, from gnomehide)

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999