plam m500 and gnome-pilot (evolution)

Hi,

I have a brand new Palm m500 siting next to me. Do understand things
correct, when I assume that once gnome-pilot is able to talk to my palm,
I can syncronize Evolution with the palm?

Cause that's the reason I bought this thingy - but I cannot get it to
work.

I have read somewhere that Palm USB support is only in an experimental
CVS Branch? Is this the latest status? How can I try it?

With the "-p simple" option I got the m500 to sync with coldsync. There
is also a page describing how to get the m500 to sync via pppd and
pilot-link. Is it true that gnome-pilot uses pilot-link as
implementation? If so can this pppd trick be used for gnome-pilot as
well?

The Palm really hardly makes sense to me as long as I cannot sync my Evo
Calender with it - well except for PalmaSutra maybe *eg*

many tia,
Andreas