Does MemoDB conduit work?

I really, really, really would like to have
a MemoDB conduit that syncs to flat files.
It looks like gnome-pilot will do what I want,
but any attempt to configure the MemoDB conduit
or execute and the thing blows up (gdb trace
available on request; looks like it's trying
to load up and/or initialize the .so for that
conduit.)

Is this something that is expected to work,
or is this a known deficiency?  If not gnome
pilot, is there anything else that would work?

(Platform is Redhat 7.1, using latest tarballs from
http://www.eskil.org/gnome-pilot).  JPilot works
fine, but I really need flat files...

Many thanks,

/\ndy