Confusion about quotes

I'm resubmitting this patch (which applies to 0.1.70 with a little fuzz)
because it appears to have been overlooked--I posted it a few revisions
ago and actually had to start applying it to my builds with 0.1.67...

There is a flat-out error in the configure script that prevents it from
properly auto-detecting the installation of pilot-link libraries, even
if they're in /usr.  I'm guessing that people who explicitly specify
their location to configure won't ever see this happen, but if one
builds as ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var and no other arguments in the output you'll note:

checking for pi-version.h... yes
checking for pi_accept in -lpisock... yes
./configure: -lpisync: command not found

This is because in the configure script there exists the following:

if test $ac_cv_lib_pisock_pi_accept = yes; then
   PISOCK_LIBS=-lpisock -lpisync
else

This probably was the result of someone applying the same seddish fix to
the configure script as was needed for the Makefiles around that time,
but _shells need quotes_.  Without 'em PISOCK_LIBS will not get set
correctly and the package will not build.

If this patch _isn't_ needed under the perfectly reasonable conditions I
specify, please someone speak up and give me a hint as to what on my
devel systems could possibly be broken.