Re: Gnome Pilot 0.1.70

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 21:35, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > On my system, the PISOCK_LIBS does not get set, even though it correctly
> > detects the version (0.11.5). I'm using "./configure --prefix=/usr
> > --enable-usb --enable-network"
>
> 	Compiled completely clean for me here against 0.11.5, and cvs
> (0.11.6). Are you sure you used --with-pisock, and pointed it to the right
> location to find the headers and libs it needs?

I didn't use --with-pisock because it's in /usr/lib. It's detected fine
(and the configure test completes) without --with-pisock, just the
environment variable fails to get set.

> > The problem appears to be configure line 10636 -
> > PISOCK_LIBS=-lpisock -lpisync
> > should be
> > PISOCK_LIBS="-lpisock -lpisync"
> > if I'm not mistaken.
>
> 	That is not the problem, with or without quotes, it is inherited.

I think you may be confusing Makefile semantics with shell scripting
semantics. If you look at configure, I think you'll find that different
logic is activated when --with-pisock is used as opposed to when it is
not. Line 10427 is where the --with-pisock case is handled, and it
*does* have quotes. Line 10636 is where the "autodetected" case is
handled, and it lacks quotes. Adding quotes around in line 10636 solves
my problem.

It's rather an academic matter for me, as I'm running RH8, and
gnome-pilot-0.1 doesn't seem to like Gnome2. Hopefully gnome-pilot-0.2
comes out soon... Will gnome-pilot-0.2 be binary compatible with
gnome-pilot-0.1 clients (ie Evolution conduits)?

-Cory