Re: gpilotd problem

Le ven 16/08/2002 à 06:56, Jack Coates a écrit :
> Not sure if things are any better yet, but it seems to be looking up. I
> thought I'd write down the PITA experience involved in upgrading a
> Mandrake 8.2 / Ximian system to newer versions using RPMs, though:
>
> 1) remove pilot-link 0.9.5 and gnome-pilot-0.64. There are a number of
> dependent RPMs which you should make decisions on one-by-one.
>
> 2) get the Mandrake Cooker pilot-link-0.11.3 src.rpm from
> speakeasy.rpmfind.net. There is no binary RPM at this time, probably
> because the source RPM won't compile.

Your problem is here.. Mandrake cooker packages are not supposed to be
installed on a non-cooker (ie Mdk 8.2) system.. This is totally
UNSUPPORTED.. And compiling cooker srpms on Mdk 8.2 system is
unsupported as well..

But if you upgrade to Mandrake 9.0 beta 3, everything will work fine,
since I have integrated pilot-link 0.11.3 with gnome-pilot/evolution ...

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft