gpilotd problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem with gpilotd running away with all the memory.
Mandrake 8.2, Sony Clie 610C syncing over USB to Ximian Evolution. I've
compiled pilot-link 0.11.1 from source and installed over the Mandrake
RPM (prefix=/usr) in order to minimize dependency hell.

I then recompiled gnome-pilot-0.1.65-4mdk from src.rpm so that it would
use pilot-link 0.11.1, which it appears to do from the backtrace.

This setup works reasonably well as long as I don't use
gpilot-install-file -- if I use that utility, the next regular HotSync
will cause a runaway gpilotd to consume all memory and eventually crash
the system (on a side note, wasn't the 2.4 kernel supposed to kill
runaway processes for you? Not happening here).

I'm not a developer, but I found instructions on how to take a backtrace
manually and have done so in the attached file.

Thanks,
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...