Sync MAL Once a Day checkbox has no effect

All:

I am using the gnome-pilot-conduits-0.8-1mdk package with gnome-pilot-0.1.64-3mdk. I also have the pilot sync applet enabled and running on my gnome panel. I can access the MAL Conduit Setting Panel by right-clicking on the pilot sync applet and selecting "Conduit Settings."

This report is about the MAL Conduit Settings. On my system, I can check or uncheck the "Only Sync MAL Once a Day" checkbox, but this has no effect. Suppose the checkbox is checked to begin with. If I uncheck it, click "OK", and then click "OK" again in the main conduit settings panel, the box should remain unchecked and Once-A-Day MAL Sync should be disabled. However, on next sync the MAL Conduit reports "Already synched today." Going back to the MAL Conduit Setting panel reveals that the "Once-A-Day" checkbox is still checked!

For some reason, this checkbox setting is not propagating to my ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/mal-conduit file. Workaround is to hand edit this file and force the "once_a_day" setting to whatever you want.

Dan

P.S. The good news is that with this workaround, I am able to sync my Visor Deluxe with AvantGo (sync.avantgo.com, port 80).
--
Daniel Lyddy		sprocket path berkeley edu
California PATH/UC Berkeley Computer Science

"I don't know what I'm doing but I've gotta get things done."
	 -- David Fenton, 'Daylight Titans'