A proposal...

Well it looks like I may have unleashed a beast...  I think everyone
has great ideas on the future of gnome-pilot and I think we need
to pursue these.  JP hasn't responded to my original reply so I'm
not sure where he stands on this issue.  But what I propose we do
is to maintain the current gnome-pilot code base for stability, and
gnome2 conformance.  JP, i think you showed interest in doing this
in your last post.  I would then like to see a new project that would
focus on a device-independent conduit framework, and expanding the
current features of gnome-pilot to be more robust, prettier, etc.
Another portion of this new project would be developing a set of
core conduits for evolution, gnome-pim?, balsa etc.  Eventually when
the latter project stablizes we can eliminate gnome-pilot all together.
I step up to the plate as being a project maintainer/lead for this
new project but I do not want to pursue this if A) the community
doesn't want it, and B) That I will be a lone programmer in this.
So that's my take on the current situation, and a future resolution.
How does everyone else feel?

Phil