RE: multiple address conduits

yo...

>together. At least, it ignores eaddress if gnome-card is turned on. When
>I turn gnome-card off, eaddress works. I think this is annoying. Any
>workarounds?

So this is actually mor or less intended behaviour (except
that it's a bit random which of the two conduits is used).

Both conduits register as syncing "AddressDB" on the palm.
Now imagine the following scenario ;

We have one existing record called 2 in both evolution,
the palm and gnomecard.
Now in evolution, we add a record called 1, on the palm
we add one called 3 and modify 2, on gnomecard we delete
2.

Contents ;
Evol : 1(new), 2
Palm : 2(modified), 3(new)
GCard : 2(deleted)

So we sync, now assuming that the conduits don't reset
record flags (as they do now), the first step (palm/evol)
would leave us with

Evol : 1(new), 2(modified), 3(new)
Palm : 1(new), 2(modified), 3(new)
GCard: 2(deleted)

So now we do the second AddressDB conduit (palm/gcard)
and we have ;

Evol : 1(new), 2(modified), 3(new)
Palm : 1(new), 2(deleted), 3(new)
GCard : 1(new), 2(deleted), 3(new)

We reset the flags ;

Evol : 1, 2, 3
Palm : 1, 3
GCard : 1, 3

Is this what we wanted ? Well, not really. Of course in
most cases, and if you use merge to/from, things will be
fine. But multiple conduits for one db can get iffy.

Adding support for this isn't hard, I'm about to do the
0.1.62 release, I'll add this for the next. But when
life becomes even more confusing, don't blame me...

/dev/baffoon

Få din egen webmail på http://mail.sol.dk - gratis og med dig overalt!