Re: Can't config conduits anymore

I updated some packages today with red-carpet and now I can't config my
> conduits. Sync seems to work but when I click on Pilot Conduits in the
> Control Center, the pilot-link config dialog comes up. I'm now using:
>
> pilot-link-0.9.5-ximian.2
> evolution-0.99.2-ximian.3
> gnome-pilot-0.1.63-ximian.2
>
> What's up?

I had the same problem, under RedHat 7.2. What I did is recompile the gnome-pilot RPM and the problem was solved. Might work in your case.

To recompile the binary gnome-pilot RPM do
"rpm -bb gnome-pilot-0.1.63-ximian.1.src.rpm" and then install the generated i386 RPM. You might need to install some devel packages if you don't have them.

The RPMs I have are:

- control-center-1.4.0.1-ximian.5
- pilot-link-0.9.5-ximian.2
- gnome-pilot-0.1.63-ximian.1 (built myself from gnome-pilot-0.1.63-ximian.1.src.rpm)
- gnome-pilot-conduits-0.7-1 (built myself from gnome-pilot-conduits-0.7)
- evolution-0.99.2-ximian.3

I have not yet tried the Evolution conduits. Last time I tried it trashed my Plam info.

The Ximian devel packages I have are (you don't need them all)

libxml-devel-1.8.15-ximian.2
gimp-devel-1.2.2-ximian.3
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-ximian.21
gnome-print-devel-0.31-ximian.1
Guppi-devel-0.35.5-ximian.1
gnome-games-devel-1.4.0.1-ximian.14
libghttp-devel-1.0.9-ximian.8
imlib-devel-1.9.10-ximian.5
gal-devel-0.18.1-ximian.1
esound-devel-0.2.22-ximian.5
gnome-core-devel-1.4.0.4-ximian.6
ORBit-devel-0.5.12-ximian.1
pilot-link-devel-0.9.5-ximian.2
gnome-vfs-devel-1.0.1-ximian.5
libunicode-devel-0.4.gnome-ximian.2
glib-devel-1.2.10-ximian.5
audiofile-devel-0.2.1-ximian.4
libsigc++-devel-1.0.3-ximian.4
libgtop-devel-1.0.12-ximian.3
gdk-pixbuf-devel-0.11.0-ximian.5
bonobo-devel-1.0.14-ximian.1
control-center-devel-1.4.0.1-ximian.5
oaf-devel-0.6.7-ximian.1
GConf-devel-1.0.4-ximian.2
gnome-libs-devel-1.2.13-ximian.14
libglade-devel-0.16-ximian.4
gnome-pim-devel-1.4.0-ximian.5
librep-devel-0.14-ximian.2

Diego Santa Cruz
PhD. student
Publications available at http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta
Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
EPFL - DE - LTS, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
E-mail:     Diego SantaCruz epfl ch
Phone:      +41 - 21 - 693 26 57
Fax:        +41 - 21 - 693 76 00