Re: Pilot Connection problems

Well after trying various things, I decided to clean out all the packages below, including the gnome-pilot-devel mentioned, and pilot-link that was installed on Red Hat 7.2 install.

Afterwards, I decided to install all, from rpm, the packages in the following order...
-pre installed libstdc++2-2.10.0-2.i686.rpm
 to step 1 to satisfy a dependency
 it was looking for.
1)pilot-link-0.9.6-cvs.i386.rpm
2)pilot-link-devel-0.9.6-cvs.i386.rpm
3)gnome-pilot-0.1.62-1.i386.rpm
4)gnome-pilot-devel-0.1.62-1.i386.rpm
5)gnome-pilot-conduits-0.7-1.i386.rpm
6)gnome-pim-1.4.3-1.i386.rpm
7)gnome-pim-devel-1.4.3-1.i386.rpm
8)gnome-pim-conduits-1.4.3-1.i386.rpm

...and after all of the above, and more, nothing changed.

						Sean

On 2001.11.02 17:46 Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Hartnett wrote:

> I tried both a tar and RPM version already, and the notices on
> dependicies made me pause on continung with that idea. Jpilot works,
> and I at least have that at this point, which was listed as a
dependcy.

Live on the edge man, you can always get the RH72 pilot-link rpm from
the
cd's or ftp.redhat.com

> I also decided to upgrade Gnome-Pim to 1.4. During ./configure, if I
> recall correctly. there was a notice, (from memory at the moment,
that
> it reported gnome-pilot was either not installed, or had problems,
then
> at the end it reported that "gnome conduits: no".

You're missing gnome-pilot-devel. Without this package, you can't
compile
stuff that uses gnome-pilot.

> My install order is, and is this correct?
> 1)pilot-link (already installed)
> 2)gnome-pilot
> 3)pilot-conduits
> 4)gnome-pim (upgraded to 1.4 it came with 1.2)

Yup, but you don't have the gnome-pim conduits. If you compile
yourself,
you'll get them, otherwise you'll have to find the gnome-pim-conduits
rpm.

/dev/eskil