Re: Debian ARM/Kyocera SmartPhone

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

ctooley amoa org wrote:

What kind of port are you plugging this into, Serial or USB?

Serial.

As we say in New York, "Akhaa!" The problem is serial permissions (gleaned from the Pilot Connection problems thread). For some reason, my ARM box has root.root 640 for /dev/ttyS*, but my Intel, PPC and Alpha boxes all have root.dialout 660.

So, now that I know the problem, is it safe to try syncing? Or will it crash my phone hard?

Thanks for the (indirect) help,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>