Re: Debian ARM/Kyocera SmartPhone

What kind of port are you plugging this into, Serial or USB?

Chris Tooley           voice: 512-495-9224x289
Austin Museum of Art   pager: 512-613-2603
IT Coordinator
P.O. Box 1847
Austin, TX  78767

                    Adam C Powell IV
                    <hazelsct mit edu>           To:     GNOME Pilot <gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    gnome-pilot-list-admin       Subject:     Debian ARM/Kyocera SmartPhone
                    @gnome.org

                    11/01/01 12:57 PM
                    Please respond to
                    gnome-pilot-list

Greetings,

I'm running autobuilt gnome-pilot 0.1.62-1.1 on a StrongARM-based
Netwinder running Debian (yes, I'm a geek), and can't get it to sync
with my Kyocera SmartPhone (SprintPCS).  I get to the point where it
tells me to hit the sync button on the Pilot, and I do, but no response.

I'm sure this could be one of hundreds of things, but how do I start to
troubleshoot this?  Below are the dependency versions as generated by bug.

BTW, beautiful job on the interface!  Can't wait 'til it works, and glad
to help out if I can in the meantime...

TIA,
--

-Adam P.

<http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>

-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel Version: Linux p4-117-1 2.4.5 #1 Mon Jul 30 08:06:22 BST 2001
armv4l unknown

Versions of the packages gnome-pilot depends on:
ii  gconf          1.0.6-4        GNOME configuration database system.
(daemon
ii  gdk-imlib1     1.9.11-3       Gdk-Imlib is an imaging library for
use with
ii  libart2        1.4.1.2-5      The Gnome canvas widget
ii  libaudiofile0  0.2.2-2        The Audiofile Library
ii  libc6          2.2.4-3        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone
ii  libcapplet0    1.4.0.1-13     Library for Gnome Control Center applets
ii  libdb3         3.2.9-11       Berkeley v3 Database Libraries [runtime]
ii  libesd0        0.2.22-6       Enlightened Sound Daemon - Shared
libraries
ii  libgconf11     1.0.6-4        GNOME configuration database system
librarie
ii  libglade-gnome 0.16-4         Library to load .glade files at
runtime (Gno
ii  libglade0      0.16-4         Library to load .glade files at runtime.
ii  libglib1.2     1.2.10-1.2     The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgnome-pilot 0.1.62-1.1     Support librares for gnome-pilot
ii  libgnome-vfs0  1.0.3-2        The GNOME virtual file-system libraries
ii  libgnome32     1.4.1.2-5      The Gnome libraries
ii  libgnomesuppor 1.4.1.2-5      The Gnome libraries (Support libraries)
ii  libgnomeui32   1.4.1.2-5      The Gnome libraries (User Interface)
ii  libgnorba27    1.4.1.2-5      Gnome CORBA services
ii  libgtk1.2      1.2.10-2.1     The GIMP Toolkit set of widgets for X
ii  liboaf0        0.6.6-1        The GNOME Object Activation Framework.
ii  liborbit0      0.5.10-2       Libraries for ORBit - a CORBA ORB
ii  libpanel-apple 1.4.0.4-12     Library for Gnome Panel applets
ii  libpisock4     0.9.5.0-6      Libraries for communicating with a
Pilot PDA
ii  libpopt0       1.6.2-5        lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libwrap0       7.6-8.3        Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
ii  libxml1        1.8.16-1       GNOME XML library
ii  oaf            0.6.6-1        The GNOME Object Activation Framework.
ii  xlibs          4.1.0-8        X Window System client libraries
ii  zlib1g         1.1.3-16       compression library - runtime
libesd-alsa0    Not installed or no info