Re: gnome-pilot-list digest, Vol 1 #126 - 4 msgs

gnome-pilot-list-request gnome org wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 02:08:24 -0800 (PST)
> From: "David A. Desrosiers" <hacker gnu-designs com>
> To: <gnome-pilot-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: gnome-pilot-list digest, Vol 1 #125 - 1 msg
>
> > Yes, I think this was confirmed by the author of coldsync.  On my
> > computer, there are enough checksum errors to make pilot-link
> > unusable; coldsync handles them and therefore synchs reliably.  It
> > would be great if the gnome tools could be configured to allow using
> > coldsynch instead of pilot-link.
>
>         Then you must be using an ancient version of pilot-link or gpilotd
> if you're still getting checksum errors.

Nope.  I'm using  pilot-link 0.9.5-pre3.

>         I sync my various Palms every day with pilot-link over IR, USB,
> USB->Serial adapters, Serial without a single incident. I will get some
> 'weird packet' errors when I know the speed is cranked wrong (like
> cranking it over 9600 with the older Keyspan drivers, for example).

The problem is not that there are weird packet errors but that, after it
gets on eof them, pilot-xfer stops instead of trying to handle it.
Worse, it somehow tells the Palm that the synch has been sucessfully
completed; to the user, it looks like everything's OK, when in fact, the
backup has failed.

>         Perhaps you should post a bug report, so I can diagnose the
> problem, if indeed it is a problem with pilot-link. The bug report should
> consist of the following information:

I actually have posted this bug quite a while ago (gnome bug #'s 25662
and 25660 25659) but it may have been to gnome office instead of to a
pilot like website (I noticed it when trying to use the gnome calendar
synch.  Anyway, I'll repost it, as soon as bugs.gnome.org comes back
online.