Re: Pilot never gets past "identifying user"

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 Sterling Anderson wrote:
>I tried to get gnome-pilot working and everything seems to be set up
>properly. Gnome can communicate with my Palm (at least it was able to grab
>my profile name from it) but whenever I hit my hotsync button it gets to
>the point where it says "identifying user" and it just stalls.
>I'm using Ximian Gnome 1.4.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Everything worked fine with Gnome
1.2 and even with Ximian Gnome 1.4 when I initially upgraded to it.
But then I installed some updated packages from Ximian and that's when
gnome-pilot stopped working. The updated packages, as far as I
remember, were ORBit, bonobo, gdk-pixbuf, gdm, gnome-libs, gnome-vfs,
grdb, and gtk+.

Here's the messages I get when gpilotd initially starts up (lines
wrapped for readability):
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.57 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5-pre5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA]
gpilotd-Message: Activating server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)
Message: state = INITIALIZING
Message: state = WAITING
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: get_pilots(...)
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: get_pilots(...)
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: Client seems ok
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: monitor_on(pilot_name="MyPilot",
	client_id = IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(event_type=CONNECT,
	callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(event_type=CONDUIT,
	callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: notify_on(event_type=DISCONNECT,
	callback=IOR:010000001b000000...)

And here's the messages when I press the HotSync button:
gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out
gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs
gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Cradle has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: corba: orbed_notify_user,
	notifications->connect.size = 1, id = MyPilot
gpilotd: error while loading shared
	libraries: gpilotd: undefined symbol: stat

I have a feeling that the problem is in the updated version of
gnome-libs because I get a similar message when I try to start up
gnapster (which also used to work fine). Anyone have any ideas?

Gary Peck

--
gbpeck attglobal net