Re: Problems

On 30 Jul 2001 19:00:12 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it just me or are the latest Ximian gnome-pilot packages still
> utterly broken? I can get the applet to appear if I run "pilot-applet"
> from a shell, but not if I use the menu item.

Quite possibly.  As soon as eskil gets 0.1.60 out the door we'll be
doing up new packages.

> Also, I'm testing some stuff on the beta rom of palmos 4.0, but the
> hotsync refuses to work with gnome-pilot, saying that there is a
> password on the handheld and the desktop software doesn't recognise
> this.
> Any chance of getting the code updated to deal with this?

This is a pilot-link thing.  palm 4.0 changed the way passwords are
dealt with.  They are now using an md5 hash of the passwords in the
protocol instead of the plaintext thing they were doing before.  The
pilot-link maintainer has been hacking support into cvs pilot-link i
believe.

-JP
JP Rosevear				jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.				http://www.ximian.com