Re: gnome-pilot-list digest, Vol 1 #125 - 1 msg

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:34:39 -0500
> From: Jeffry Smith <jsmith alum mit edu>
>
> Bob Robison said:
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:53:17 +0000 (GMT)
> > Ewan Birney <birney ebi ac uk>(EB) wrote:

> > EB> Which conduit - there does not seem to be a calendar conduit in the
> > EB> gnome-pilot-conduits that I have....
> >
> > The calendar conduit is in the gnome-pim module.  I had to check it out from CVS
> > because I couldn't find another distribution of it (tar or rpm).
> >

> I've got the calendar conduit from gnome-pim.  However, I also did
> testing by doing a command-line grab of the address db via pilot-link
> (read-ical and pilot-xfer) and coldsync (coldsync -mb).   In the
> coldsync case, I got checksum errors wehn reading the calendar from
> the palm, my thought was that it was the same problem with pilot-link
> or gpilotd (or jpilot, I've tried that as well), but that they didn't
> report the error.

Yes, I think this was confirmed by the author of coldsync.  On my
computer, there are enough checksum errors to make pilot-link unusable;
coldsync handles them and therefore synchs reliably.  It would be great
if the gnome tools could be configured to allow using coldsynch instead
of pilot-link.

Scott