Re: MAL conduit

> What's the current status of the MAL conduit?  Is there a new release
> (coming)?  My gnome-pilot-conduits-0.4 doesn't seem to work at all.
> And shouldn't the MAL conduit be made part of the standard gnome-pilot
> distro? If it's only in CVS, could somone point me to, or give
> instructions on how to get the source?

	I've been trying to slide out a few minutes to look at the
existing malsync code, so I can fix that, and begin working on the mal
conduit in gnome-pilot to align the two of them. I spoke with the guys at
Palmsource2000 this year (er, last year =) about some of the problems I've
seen with the standalone malsync stuff. Just have to take some time to get
it all nailed down.

	The latest malsync code is 2.0.6, and the code itself is available
at tomw's site or on my cvs server. You can find his site here:

	http://www.tomw.org/malsync

	But I'm not sure of the status of the malsync gnome conduit at
this point. I've been fighting some nasty corruption/data duplication in
the latest gnome-pilot/evo conduits stuff and haven't had time to peek at
the malsync stuff yet. Ugh.

	Do you use the conduit for AvantSlow? or for Vindigo?

	This is all going to move in a different direction soon anyway,
with the advent of SyncML being "somewhat" opened up.

	I'll try to wrangle some time with my 'uppers' at work and see if
I can dedicate some spare cycles to working on this in the very very near
future. [check my advogato page if you want to see how overfull my plate
is =(]

	Until then...

/d