Re: Ximian !!!

> This issue has already been covered, and it's not a bug in gnome-pilot,
> pilot-link, or evolution.

Covered, as I see, but not really effectively answered, and granted the
bug may not lie with gnome-pilot, pilot-link or indeed evoltion,
something which I obviously saw, hence the subject line ! This problem
however exists and looking through the archives affects many people.
This may be an Ximian issue, but are people not concerned about ensuring
gnome-pilot is distributed in a working form ?

A lot of people are going to be managing their systems through Ximian /
Red Carpet and people are not going to want to have things repeatedly
broken, if I was the developer I would be working with Ximian to ensure
this problem was resolved as a large percentage of my userbase would be
downloading / trying to use this software through Ximian's distribution
system.

Surely if there is an issue with the latest control-centre, this needs
to be fixed. That said I get the same problem whether I go through the
control-centre or through the PilotSync applet.

Dont get me wrong here, this is not meant as a rant at gnome-pilot
developers or even Ximian, just an attempt at a collaborative effort to
try and get what appears to be a nasty issue affecting many people
resolved. This is (or so I thought) the whole idea of this open software
/ discussion list type model.

Signing off, not wanting to start a flame war, but trying to provoke
discussion to get issues resolved.

Simon.