Re: visor syncing troubles.

I had this problem also. Here's how I got around it.
I installed a "generic" kernel and compliled the "visor" module under
serial USB devices. Then "modprobe visor" to load the module. lsmod to
confirm that it is loaded. You can probably skip this part because you
have already gotten it to backup the Visor. So lsmod to make sure the
module is loaded is probably enough.

I installed J-pilot.
Then I use Jpilot to backup the Visor, first I configure J-pilot not to
sync anything, just backup the Visor. Then I press the sync button on
the Visor cradle, then click the sync button onscreen in the J-pilot
program. Jpilot will then back up my visor. It appears to use the
gnome-conduits to do it. And it also seems to setup some parameter that
the conduits don't by themselves.

Then I can unload J-pilot and sync to my hearts content with the
Gnome-Pilot conduits.
The very first time I tried this, it would not work. I killed the setup
wizard and entered the username and ID number manually in the pilot
settings. The next time I tried it it errored, the number I put in was
wrong and it told me the correct number the pilot had. I then re-entered
the correct number in the pilot settings and from then on it works.
I did have to go into the conduit settings and enable the conduits for
Evolution. I am copying from my Visor everytime. I tried syncing and it
doubled most of my entries, it took me over an hour to delete the
duplicates.I also turned off all the other ones, Evolution is the only
Gnome thing that I am syncing to so I can't speak for how well they
work.

Hope this helps..

PK