visor syncing troubles.

Hey people,

I'm trying to get my USB visor to sync up with Evolution for the first
time and and having some trouble.Here's what happens

- Choose Tools->Pilot Settings

- it brings up the gnome pilot control center capplet and the druid pops
up

- i make sure my device is right

- chose "yes I've used sync software before" (on windows)

- hit sync when it tells me it is going to retrive my user name

- it chirps, goes to identifying user on the palm...

... then nothing, the palm times out

I've gotten my box to backup my visor's data using pilot-xfer so that's
not the problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Sorry if you've seen this question a million times, I couldn;t find an
answere in the archives.

Cheers,

Joschi