Probably the Wrong List

This is probably the wrong list for this sort of question
but I'm developing a gnome-pilot conduit and have run
upon a problem that goes like the following:

Using pilot-xfer.c as an example, I've put together code that
opens a socket to my Handspring and attempts to open
a database through the use of dlp_OpenDatabase.

Everything had been working OK until yesterday. I've started to get
an error on making the call to dlp_OpenDatabase() where in dlp_OpenDatabase()
returns a -1.  I haven't done anything to the socket code that I'm
aware of.

-1 turns out to be ErrNoError in the header so I'm not really
sure what Mr. pilot-xfer code is trying to tell me.

I'm trying to limit my problems by using a serial port as the input device
to defined against any potential USB problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Steve