Re: PATCH: Backup conduit exclude files

Paul Warren wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Paul Warren wrote:
> >
> > > Ah - I've just been bumbling through the mailing list archives and spotted
> > > the thread on this subject - please ignore this patch :-)
> >
> > Yeah, never patch against non-cvs code :)
>
> Erm - it was against the cvs code - most of the stuff for doing
> file excludes was there already, it just needed an interface in
> the capplet which is what I wrote.
>
> Problem is that it doesn't get a list of databases from gpilotd for the
> user to check and uncheck - you've just got to type them in by hand.
> Still, it's good enough for me for the moment - I only want to exclude
> AvGoDocsMQ, for obvious reasons.

Same here. I only want to exclude a db. Last week i sent a patch for the capplet
with a text field to input exclude_files. I really don't feel choosing from 100+
dbs is the best way. Eskil seems to like it. *Maybe* we could give both choice
to the user but i can't think of a layout where it wouldn't clutter the gui.
I totally agree with the g_vector patch (which is the way i should have done it
originaly if not for lack of clue.)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds