RE: patch: basedir takeII

Carlos Morgado writes:

 > I applied my basedir patch against 0.1.49, and made it actually work.

Oops. I didn't notice this second mail before my reply, but my most of
my comments still apply. I'm separating the logic into separate
function and making it a bit cleaner. Check CVS sometime tomorrow.

 > It doesn't fix:
 > * gpilotd aborts if there is no basedir, even though it sees there is no
 >   base dir. something to do with conduit load which i don't grok

I'll take a look.

 > * druid. it's trivial though to fix that once you feel confortable with
 >   changing druid code (which i don't)

Once it is made a separate function, it is easy to do. I'll add this.

 > The patch is attached. I will upload patched .49 (s)rpms to
 > chbm.nu/gnome-pilot.

I'm not sure that I like an idea of separately distributed non CVS
patched rpms, but I'll let Eskil comment on that further. I feel it
would cause confusion if people would use and would be reporting bugs
against code in uknown state as far as CVS is concerned.

Thanks for your efforts, your help is appreciated.
-Vadim