Several problems with new gnome-pilot and gnome-pim

I'm still having trouble getting the address card and calendar conduits
to work.  I've got gnome-pilot 0.1.49, gnome-pilot-conduits 0.1, and
gnome-pim 1.1.4.

* When I try to select either the calendar or the address car conduits
in gnomecc, I get this error:
calendar-conduit-control-applet: error in loading shared libraries:
libgpilotdcm.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Where does this library come from, and why do I have this error if I
compiled everything on my system?  The library is installed in
/usr/local/lib.

* I tried deleting .gnome/gnome-pilot.d to start over and ran into
another problem.  If gpilotd is already running, when I try to get past
the Pilot Identification screen, I always get the error message "failed
sending request to gpilotd".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan