a few issues with latest rpms

The new pop up window showing progress is cool, but:

1. the mal conduit doesn't appear to show at all in the progress meter
(at least the first time I synced)
2. on the next syncs, the progress window no longer appears (all output
then goes to the usual places (.xsession-errors in my case))

The more serious problem I seem to be having is that I seem to have too
many memo files.  The sync times out, and the pilot gives up on the
sync, but the memo conduit keeps going, churning away.  I get a lot of:

Message: memo_file: Found local file Leucadia Pizzeria.256, state 0

(well, not just that one, but repeated for all such memo files)
Then (and this is after the pilot itself has given up):

Message: memo_file: Reading directory /home/tots/pilot/memos/Archived
Message: memo_file: Ignoring .
Message: memo_file: Ignoring ..
Message: memo_file: records: total = 14976 updated = 0 new = 1 deleted = 0
gpilotd-Message: Performing Fast Synchronization
Message: memo_file: IterateSpecific, *local == NULL,    flag = 1, archived = 0
gpilotd-Message: gpilotd: adding record to pilot
Message: memo_file: Transmit, local != NULL
Message: memo_file: SetStatus 0

gpilotd-WARNING **: dlp_WriteRecord returned -1
Message: memo_file: SetPilotId, ID = 0
Message: memo_file: IterateSpecific, *local != NULL,    flag = 1, archived = 0
Message: memo_file: IterateSpecific, *local == NULL,    flag = 3, archived = 0
Message: memo_file: IterateSpecific, *local == NULL,    flag = 2, archived = 0
Message: memo_file: Purge
Message: memo_file: renaming /home/tots/pilot/memos to
/home/tots/pilot/memos.old
Message: memo_file: Directory not empty

and then, a LOT of:

Message: memo_file: spool_foreach

Here's what I mean, by "a LOT":
".xsession-errors" line 31148 of 36591 --85%-- col 1
".xsession-errors" line 36538 of 36591 --99%-- col 1

I eventually had to restart gpilotd, and sanity returned.

I just removed my memos directories and tried again.  Now gpilotd just
segfaulted (I'm sending a bug buddy report now).

The memo conduit used to work for me, at least as of 0.1.48.

Other stuff:

Redhat 6.2 beta, using the helixcode gnome
(gnome-libs 1.0.56, gnome-core 1.1.5, gnome-pilot 0.1.49 )