Re: backup deleting old files

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 11:05:55PM -0400, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:

> Robert Mibus writes:
>  > the backup conduit not deleting files that had been deleted on the palm was
>  > one of the most annoying things for me (the toggle option did nothing).

>  > try this patch (diff'ed against gnome-pilot-1.0.52's backup_conduit.c). i
>  > would appreciate comments, queries, flame, etc :)
>
> Looks fine to me.

>  > hopefully the patch is good enough for you guys & gets committed. (as
>  > opposed to me getting committed :)
>
> I commited the patch as is, with unlink. However what I'd really like
> to see is an option to preserve previous N states of the backup. If
> anyone has time and desire to do that, it'd be nice to have, I think.
sounds fair, my current system is to just make a tarball every so often, but
that would probably be better.

how would you recommend the naming system go?
eg. backupdir/database.pdb.1
or backupdir.1/database.pdb
or what?

> Thanks,
> Vadim

thanks,
mibus

--
Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com>
"Don't panic, it's just an undocumented feature"