Re: Problem with Pilot Conduits

Andrew Thomas wrote:

> Whenever I try and configure a Conduit (such as backup) I get the error
> message:-
>
> Could not open backup object ?  Is conduit installed correctly?

Smells of a config problem at compile time.

In ${prefix}/share/gnome-pilot/conduits you should have a series of
.conduit files.
Eg. backup.conduit, which should have a location that says
${prefix}/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libbackup_conduit.so.

If you don't have this .so file, you get this error (if you have this
file, I'm puzzled).
If the file location in the .conduit is wrong, can you check your
autogen.sh/configure params ? If
you had some weird mix of --prefix and --libdir, it might misfire and I
should correct it.

/dev/eskil