Re: GnomePilot problems

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, micah craig wrote:

>  checking for pilot-link version >= 0.9.3... configure: error:
> pilot-link 0.9.3 required
>  $ cat /usr/include/libpisock/pi-version.h

You don't have a pi-version.h lying anywhere else that the compiler might
reach first ?

> So, this seems strange, and I haven't nearly the experience with
> autoconf stuff to fix this, or even figure out how's its screwing up
> very well.

After the configure attempt, check config.log. The configure tries to
compile a small C program, that using the pi-version header decides
whether the version is new enough.

config.log ends with a gcc compile line and the C program it is about to
test. Use this to check that you get the correct pi-version.h (and that I
haven't f*cked up in the test program).

> to click on any of the pilot related stuff, I was told that there
> was no gpilotd running.  However, if I tried to start gpilotd from
> the command line I would get an error telling me that no pilots were
> configured, and that I should set them up using gnomecc.  What am I
> doing wrong?

gpilotd had a fascinating bug that caused it to sigint when started via
the corba services. Might have been that.

/dev/eskil