Re: moving Pilot conduits from gnome-pim to gnome-pilot

On 17 Jan 2000, Colin Walters wrote:

> moved from gnome-pim to gnome-pilot; it seems more logical to have
> them there anyways.  That way, I could just have a single source
> package for both gnome-pim and gnome-pilot.

That was actually a topic a while back, and we decided that it did make
more sense having conduits seperated from gnome-pilot but with their
respective program. Eg. if you do not use gnome-pim, you wouldn't be
interested in these conduits, at max you'd be annoyed having them in
gnomecc.

Techically, eg. the gnomecal conduits links with parts of gnomecal that
isn't installed as libraries, doing this outside of the gnome-pim/gncal
lib would be a pain.

The same for the MAL conduit. If you want it, you install it, if not,
don't. Yes, that does make a lot of little dumb packages.

> Otherwise, I'll have to have the source package gnome-pim generate
> both gnome-pim and gnome-pim-pilot, or somesuch. Not as nice :)

Well, then .deb people also gets the benefit of the latest gnome-pim
releases:)

Anyway, if you do, please tell me, and I can either link to them from the
gnome-pilot page, or place them in the download dir.

/dev/eskil