Re: Why sync for each conduit setting?

> Dan Hensley writes:
>  > Since I can't even get it to sync now, I won't be able to provide many
> details,
>  > but here's what I remember:
>  > Set up Pilot Link.  Hotsync (cradle).  Everything copies from pilot into
>  > $HOME/pilot.  Then go to a conduit setting in gnomecc (doesn't matter which
>  > one).  Nothing shows up.  Hit the Hotsync button (cradle).  The dialog shows
> up.
>  > Change settings on the dialog and hit OK.  Here's where I can't remember if I
>  > need to hit Hotsync here.  Select either the same or another conduit setting.
>  > Nothing shows up.  Hit the Hotsync button (cradle).  Dialog shows up.  (etc.)
>
> This very suspiciously sounds to me like gpilotd is eroneously waking up
> and then hanging in pi_accept. This might be fixed by a commit I did
> last night, because I was seeing this sometimes too, but only when I
> switch between different usages of the serial port. Do you by any
> chance do that too? And you don't have any other programs/deamons
> trying to listen on the same serial port at the same time, do you?

In fact I do.  I'm sharing the port between my external modem and my cradle.  But I didn't think that would cause any problems, since I hang up (exit pppd) before connecting the cradle and starting gnomecc.  So gpilotd doesn't run until the cradle is connected.  But it could be there's a process still looking at the port even after pppd goes down (I'd need to check when I get home from work), but I'm not sure what it would be.  But hopefully your commit will get around that.
Thanks,
Dan