Re: Why sync for each conduit setting?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Dan Hensley wrote:

> Set up Pilot Link.  Hotsync (cradle).  Everything copies from pilot into
> $HOME/pilot.  Then go to a conduit setting in gnomecc (doesn't matter which
> one).  Nothing shows up.  Hit the Hotsync button (cradle).  The dialog shows up.
> Change settings on the dialog and hit OK.  Here's where I can't remember if I

Okay, now I'm getting an idea of what is happening. I think it may be
caused by a false wakeup signal, which make gpilotd try to connect to the
pilot, thereby not accepting corba calls anymore. This explains why you
have to press sync to activate the capplet.

pilot-link 0.9.0 had the problem, that connecting to the pilot was done
via a call that could not be timeout'ed. Vadim has discovered, that this
shortcoming has been fixed in 0.9.3, so we're going to be looking at
preventing these lockups.

/dev/eskil