RE: Problem with syncing/connecting to gpilotd

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Manuel A. McLure wrote:

> I knew it was my fault! How dare I use a real pilot instead of xpilot! :-)

Typical users, using te software in a real environment instead of an
simulated one...

> Seriously, I'm glad you could reproduce it - hopefully it's something small
> and easy to fix. Unfortunately I don't know enough GNOME/ORBit to be able to

Heh, check my "Bughunt" mails. Since I left work, I've been unable to
reproduce it.

> help. What throws me is that the daemon is getting a SIGINT from seemingly
> nowhere. Is it possible that it's failing to fork and killing itself instead

What worries me, is that for the gpilotd, a serial device or a simulated
(pilot vs. xcopilot) is the same. So the ORBit stuff does something, that
somewhere in the bowels of the system causes a sigint. I'm clueless - have
even begun to peek into the kernels drivers and glibc. But the fault must
somehow be related to the orbit startup system.

> of killing the child, or that the child is dying and the SIGCLD is being
> interpreted as a SIGINT?

No, the fork stuff is all disabled. I also tried catching other obivous
signal such as sigpipe/ttini/ttou etc, it is a sigint, completely out of
nowhere.

/dev/eskil