RE: gnome-pilot-0.1.48-2 problem

Andy Halper writes:
 > I'm having some problems getting 1.48-2 to work.
 >
 > When I start gpilotd from an xterm window, things look like so:
 >
 > localhost/ashalper% gpilotd
 > Message: Watching /dev/pilot
 > Message: Woke on /dev/pilot

Say no more. Above messages already indicate the problem and the rest
just follows from it. This has been fixed in CVS already. Basically
what happens is that gpilotd falsely thinks it recieved the message
from the serial port, when it reality it didn't. After that it just
hangs trying to read the port. And doesn't respond to corba calls
(from gnomecc) which makes capplet hang too. If you were to put the
pilot in the cradle and press the hotsync botton it would
connect. However that would be useless for you since you didn't
configure it yet.

It is mostly probably not the problem with your configurartion. This was
happening to me when I was switching the same serial port between
cradle and a modem, are you doing the same? So if you can upgrade to
CVS please do, it should work. And you'll also get a chance to use
the nice new configuration druid ;)

-Vadim