gnome-pilot-0.1.48-2 problem

I'm having some problems getting 1.48-2 to work.

When I start gpilotd from an xterm window, things look like so:

localhost/ashalper% gpilotd
Message: Watching /dev/pilot
Message: Woke on /dev/pilot

Then I start gnomecc, click on Pilot Link and gnomecc comes up looking
like the first attachment.

Then after a while, a warning message comes up that looks like the
second attachment.

Finally, after clicking Cancel on the first warning message, a series of
other warning messages come up (seemingly at more-or-less regular
intervals) that look like the third attachment.

Here is what my serial port setup looks like:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            5 Feb 20 12:32 /dev/pilot ->
ttyS1
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     tty        4,  65 Feb 20 12:37 /dev/ttyS1

This is a Red Hat 6.1 machine.  I've had similar problems with
gnome-pilot in the past, so I suspect it is not-so-much a gnome-pilot
problem and more a improperly configured GNOME problem.

I'm having some other problems with GNOME applications on this machine
(most notably gedit).  I getting to the point where I might just
reinstall the entire OS.  This machine was upgraded from 5.2 to 6.1
(skipping 6.0), and I think that might have screwed me up.

Thanks,
Andy

PNG image

PNG image