Re: MAL conduit setup help for Vindigo

> Can you send or post a patch?  Although I don't get any error messages
> when syncing, it doesn't work for me (with malsync 2.0.4). I synced
> today, but my movie times aren't up-to-date.  Can't have that!

	I can definately confirm this, because another user at work was
seeing the same thing you did. I have been working with Tom (ever so
slight, time permitting) to figure out what needs to be done to mature
2.0.4 and get a 2.0.5 (or later) release done. Chances are it'll be a 3.0
release of some ilk to maintain some version similarities with the "other"
MAL stuff released out there (not open source).

	In any case, I've moved the sources into my cvs server, so you can
get them there. I posted a message back on the pilot-unix list with the
url and directions to log in.

	I think the problem is related to Vindigo using 'micro-patches' to
the actual application itself, over malsync. For some reason, the data
which is sent is not interpreted by the viewer properly because malsync
can't properly patch the application runtime.

	What I did to solve it was launch vmware, suck down the
vindigo.prc again from their site, and then installed that. Running
malsync from there again properly updated the movies on the device. This
directly leads me to believe that the version of the app was updated, but
malsync can't properly interpret it as such. (Incidentally, I sync'd
through vmware over IR).

	More investigation is needed to get the specific problem nailed.

	For the moment, check out the sources at my cvs here:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.gnu-designs.com:/cvs/openpalm -z9 login

        (press enter, no password)

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.gnu-designs.com:/cvs/openpalm -z9 \
        co libmal malsync

        You can also see it over ViewCVS (which has a couple of quirks.
I've emailed Greg Stein with them, no response yet. The script is
functional, and more useful than cvsweb) here:

http://cvs.gnu-designs.com/cgi-bin/vcvs/viewcvs.cgi/libmal/?cvsroot=Open+Palm+Group
http://cvs.gnu-designs.com/cgi-bin/vcvs/viewcvs.cgi/malsync/?cvsroot=Open+Palm+Group

	If you poke around, you can see there's a lot of things in there.
All of the code in there is properly "approved" by the original authors
(including POSE), and I maintain pilot-link there as well.

	Hope that helps.

	I've been spending much of my time fixing, patching, testing,
fixing the pilot-link sources so I can get 0.9.5 release out there before
the complete rewrite of the code.

	Lots to do... lots to do...