IrDA-related crashes continue in 0.1.54 (was Re: 0.1.54)

Hello all!

I believe the problem that causes gpilotd to crash after a
synchronization via IrDA is performed has not been fixed in 0.1.54. I
just tried this morning an gpilotd crashed as soon as it retreived the
sync. ID from my Pilot. Also, I never got the message saying that the
name of the device was too long.

I think I never mentioned that I can synchronize via IrDA when using
JPilot with no problems at all, it just work flawlessly. I have also
done lots of things with IrDA (like downloading a ROM image) between
Linux and my Palm with no problems.

More info. available on request.

Cheers,

Eloy.-