Re: 0.1.54

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 02:21:17AM -0700, eskil@eazel.com wrote:
> Is in the usual place. Go fetch from
> http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download.
>
> Flame me on the gnome-pilot list if this release is completely barfed.
ok.

ive been looking @ the cvs code, not the .54, but in the
changelog, it says:

2000-07-18  Eskil Heyn Olsen  <eskil@eazel.com>
        * gpilotd/gnome-pilot-conduit-standard-abs.c:
        (gnome_pilot_conduit_standard_real_synchronize):
        Small fix so it does not call FastSync or SlowSync if
        pilot moddata < backupdate. I really hope this works,
        or I'm in it for a world of pain and bugreports.

but what about when the local data changes but not the pilot?
what we need is a has_local_data_changed() as well. with the merge/copy
from pilot sync's would be ok, but otherwise... when it does
eventually get done, surely it would be better in manager.c:iterate_dbs()?

or am i misunderstanding this?

(i did send you a mail 'bout this already, it probably got lost in the
wash :-)

and im not sure if its related, but installing files appears to no
longer work. (or is my system more broken than i realise? :)

mibus

--
Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com>
Never assign to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence