Re: backup deleting old files

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 07:58:15PM -0700, eskil@eazel.com wrote:
> Robert Mibus wrote:
>
> > > this patch stops the extra backup dirs from being moved (anything under
> > >  5 chars, actually), creates the dirs at load time (not every backed-up
> > > file :-).
> > >
> > > pls. apply to cvs (assuming you approve, of course :)
> > and this - it adds the capplet option.

> I haven't gone through the code, but I browsed it quickly. It looks ok, even
> though
> there are quite a few mkdirs without error check.

yes, i was aware of that, but the other mkdir (for the actual backup dir)
only checked to make sure the error wasnt EEXIST, and then didnt do anything
anyway the line:
  CONDUIT_CFG(c.gpilotd_methods)->log_error("Cannot open whatever...");
was commented out, so i figured i'd just leave it be.

> But I've patched them in anyways, and will commit them when I get my
> eazelhacking
> environment to compile gnome-pilot...
thanks.

(btw; i sent you an email re: not syncing if the base isnt modified;)

mibus

--
Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com>
 (Henry Spencer)