Re: Patch for visor support in the capplet

> Anyone have any clue if something like this needs to be done in order to
> get gpilotd working with the keyspan usb adapter?
>
> What happens is that it opens /dev/pilot (or /dev/ttyUSB?) waiting for a
> connection. When you hit the sync button on the cradle, gpilotd returns
> saying unable to bind to port.

The keyspan driver doesn't support multiple opens on the device (like
most
other usb serial drivers).  Since gnome-pilot tries to open the port
twice (once to listen for input and once to bind to it during syncing),
pi_bind() returns with EINVAL.

Since my visor patch doesn't open() the device to listen for activity,
the port is only opened once, in the pi_bind() call. That's how I got
around that issue.

AFAICT, the best way to get the keyspan to work would be to make the
driver support multiple connections.  You might look at the
digi_acceleport.c driver, it is the only driver I saw with support
for multiple opens.

Later,
-dave