Re: g_module

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Tim Janik wrote:

> > Anybody else has that problem or is it just me ?
> *what* problem exactly? is it segfaulting or what?
> glib 1.2.5 didn't change GModule code, so what you encounter might

I don't know excatly what happens, since I guessed if others had the
problem, they'd recognize it.

It seems that a second g_module_open call (filename is the same, and the
file has been closed) crashes inside the resulting dlopen call, crash as
in sigsegv.

Replacing all g_module calls with dl* removes the problem (meaning
replacing one open and two symbol lookup calls).

Another independant of gnome-pilot used dlopen, and as I rewrote it to use
g_module, the same error ocurred, which caused my suspicion.

> > (stack trace provided as courtesy of your host ....)
> stack trace from when? did you press C-c or why did the program
> halt there?

>From the date of the latter. And the stacktrace is from a coredump as the
program sigsegv'ed.

If nobody else has the problem, I'll assume I'm doing something terribly
wrong and look more into it sometime next week.

/dev/eskil