ANNOUNCEMENT: gnome-pilot 0.1.30

GnomePilot 0.1.30

   * Availability
        o Development code available from the Gnome CVS server, this release
          has tag GNOME_PILOT_0_1_30.
        o Also available from http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download in
          .tar.gz, i386.rpm and .srpm form.
   * New since last release
        o No longer depends on a custom pilot-link library.
        o Improved synchronization logic.
        o More readable screen output.
        o More stable GUI tools (control-center and panel applets).
   * Bug reporting
     I am especially interested in bug reports reg. getting the package up
     and running on a vanilla installation. This includes both bugs, and
     suggestions for making installation easier.
     If you encounter problems, please use bugs.gnome.org for bug reporting,
     and remember to include the following (if possible);
        o Output from gpilotd. Eg. if you have problems with a
          control-center applet, first do a killall -9 gpilotd, then run
          gnomecc from a terminal, and capture all the output.
        o Stack traces, after gpilotd coredumps, do a echo where | gdb
          `which gpilotd` core, grab the output and include in your bug
          report, this makes it so much easier for me to find the error.
   * Stability
     I still wish to point out, that much of the synchronization code is
     untested, since there still are no completely finished conduits.
     However, the logic required by the existing conduits (eg. the
     GnomeCalendar conduit) checks out ok.
   * Additional stuff
     The GnomeCalendar conduit is included in CVS version of gnome-pim. The
     configure script of gnome-pim should notice and gnome-pilot
     installation and compile the calendar conduit. For your convenience, a
     tar.gz of the gnome-pim with which I tested is available from
     http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download.
     Btw, when using the calendar-conduit, beware. I haven't experienced
     dataloss/corruption due to the conduit, but it may happen. If, please
     file a bug report.

/dev/eskil